Search

About us

We are passionate about exceptional topics in the fields of agriculture and agribusiness, food, logistics, and other exciting projects in related areas – for products that provide our readers with first-class information for training, work, or leisure, and that they are always happy to pick up for reference. As a specialist publisher, we are committed to the didactically intelligent transfer of knowledge, as a partner to our authors and as a service provider to our customers.

For us, publishing means above all working creatively as a team, with authors, photographers, editors, designers, booksellers and, of course, users. All of them are ultimately united by a passion for intelligent content and good layout.

Erling Verlag emerged from the publishing house Agrimedia, which in turn has its origins in Alfred Strothe Verlag (“Ernährungsdienst”), founded as early as 1945. With numerous publications, such as technical, textbook and non-fiction titles, wall charts, brochures or trade and customer magazines, we have firmly established ourselves in the market as a successful address in recent years.

History

Erling Verlag

Agrimedia is renamed Erling Verlag, with a new corporate design to reflect the new business areas (logistics, food, etc.), but the "Agrimedia" brand is retained for the agricultural and agribusiness sectors. Systematic expansion of the portfolio to include association magazines (e.g. DEULA Inside, BGL Magazin), JAGDmag, training course materials, further specialist and textbooks (e.g. "Fachkraft Agrarservice", "Fachkraft Lebensmitteltechnik").

2012

Splitting

Splitting of the publishing house into Agrimedia and Edition Limosa, relocation of Agrimedia to a remaining farm near Clenze, 10 employees.

2010

Relocation/Expansion

Move to Clenze to larger office space, founding and development of Edition Limosa with the Heimatbücher program, etc.

2007

New co-shareholder

Dr. Peter Erling becomes co-partner and Managing Director alongside Uwe Hils

2002

Move to the Wendland

Relocation of the publishing house under Uwe Hils to a remnant farm in the Wendland region of eastern Lower Saxony, successive further development of the program to include additional textbooks (e.g. "Handbuch Mehl- und Schälmüllerei", "Mischfutterherstellung", "Kartoffelbau"), internationalization, special interest and trade magazines, thematic expansion.

1998

Sale of the agency business

For family reasons, sale of the agency business to a Lintas employee, relocation of the publishing house from Pinneberg to Holm near Hamburg. Development of the business to up to six employees.

1993

New foundation Agrimedia

Alfred Strothe brings back the book division from Frankfurt, which had almost come to a standstill, and incorporates it as part of the newly founded Agrimedia Werbe- und Verlagsgesellschaft. The agency sector is developing very strongly, and the book sector is being built up alongside it.

1989

Sale of the
Alfred Strothe Verlages

Sale of Alfred Strothe Verlag and all magazine titles to the Deutscher Fachverlag publishing group, Frankfurt am Main, which wanted to expand its food sector with the agricultural sector. The book division of the former Strothe publishing house languished, because the main focus was the takeover and development of the "Ernährungsdienst" (today "Agrarzeitung")

1984

Foundation of the
Alfred Strothe Verlag

At the end of 1947, at the age of 22, Alfred Strothe founded the Alfred Strothe Verlag publishing house with the "Ernährungsdienst", for which he received the official press license in 1947. Strothe developed the paper into a nationwide trade newspaper for the agricultural trade with stock exchange and other information with European significance. The publishing house otherwise publishes mainly agricultural literature, often in cooperation with institutes, authorities and associations.

1947

Starting journalistic work

As part of his journalistic training, Alfred Strothe worked after the war in the Food and Agriculture Administration of the then British zone, which also published the British Military Government's Gazette of Regulations for the Food Sector.

1945